Marris Lager

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EO74

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Has annyone ever used marris otter in a good lager? I bought a 50# sack and now their is a LHBS 2 minuets from my house and ive been neglecting the M.O. and thought maybe a lager while its still cold out.So if any one has a good Marris Lager recipe it would be greatly appreceated:mug:.

Try it in a malty lager. Should be good in a octoberfest. Use the mo, Munich, vienna, and some caramunich. I bet it would be damn good.

Just pretend it's Vienna malt.

Admittedly, I've never brewed a lager with Pale Ale malt, but I'd probably SMaSH it up with something like Crystal, Tradition, or a noble.

I brewed a MO, motueka SMaSH cool with nottingham and I didnt like the flavour personally, that could have been a combination of the malt and yeast but I would think long and hard before trying it in a lager.

MO is a fine base for many beer styles. If you want malty Alts, Fest biers, dunkels, and of course the multitude of other beers go ahead.
Then use your lager yeast and keep it at 50 for a week of fermentation.

Latest posts

Back