march pump 101

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amishland

Reaction score
I am wanting to buy a pump, and fittings, but there seem to be some many options.

can anyone point me towards the right threads, i have been searching and reading for the last hour and am not sure quite yet, what i want and need to buy.

thx

I have two march pumps and they get the job done. Sometimes my hot water pump loses its prime during the fly sparge, but its usually a quick fix and doesnt effect the batch. I suspect its due to poor design of my sparge arm, and not a defect in the pump.

There are a bunch of people using these on here, I would buy them again. Affordable and effective.

I did a lot of reading on this forum before buying my march pump, just recently. One thing seems to be repeated. on the output side of the pump, attach a tee with two valves. One leads to where you are pumping to, and the other to a dump bucket or such. The later is used to ease priming the pump initially and in the case of repriming.

This thread , reply #6 & #7 illustrates the idea.

Search Equipment/Sanitization and DIY Projects have plenty of threads about pumps.

thx firedancer good link, I like the idea of the pull type bleeder than adding another ball valve type device

I plan to put my pump into a plastic toolbox (as I've seen others do). I hope to get the pump & plate chiller into the same box. I'm still scratching my head on that one. Won't be long now. Wish me luck ;)

Back