Maple Syrup brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juskojj

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has created an alcoholic drink directly from maple syrup? maybe something like a cider since that's directly from apples? if anyone has what's your recipe? how'd you do it?

As a producer of maple syrup I have made lots of things with maple syrup. Most recipes the syrup will all be made into alcohol with little or no taste. It's a good way to dry out a beer. Best results was with wine but it was stabilized with sorbate and campden and then sweetened with maple syrup. I would think that if you kegged you could try something like that with beer

As a producer of maple syrup I have made lots of things with maple syrup. Most recipes the syrup will all be made into alcohol with little or no taste. It's a good way to dry out a beer. Best results was with wine but it was stabilized with sorbate and campden and then sweetened with maple syrup. I would think that if you kegged you could try something like that with beer

thanks, my friend actually produces maple syrup as well hence why he was asking!

You can make Acerglyn (with maple syrup and Honey) or a wine, large amounts of maple syrup will be expensive.

Latest posts

Back