Maple Lambic?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any beer is a good idea.

I assume you are talking about maple syrup. I don't know if the flavor will stand up in the beer. It is mostly simple sugars after all.

I'm think I will replace a quantity of water by some maple water but I don't know witch quantity

I primed a lambic with maple syrup and won BOS in a comp. The maple added a very light flavor. Next time I will add some syrup to secondary for a month or so then also prime with maple.

Not sure if you get can get them where you're located or if they're still around, but I believe Bruery made several funky version of Autumn Maple. Not even vaguely the same, but maybe something to try and see if you like a funky beer with maple.

Finally I will only use maple water and the sugar add will be maple syrup, but I don't know wath king of hops and malt and the kind of lambic. I tough use some bretanomyces is that a good idea at all?

Use just enough hops to reach 10 IBUs. It doesn't really matter what variety. For malt 50% pilsener and 50% unmalted wheat is traditional. You can use Roeselare, Lambic Blend or any other yeast plus dregs from commercial sours.

Back