Making my move to kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lespaul23

Reaction score
Im thinking this is the best deal for my buck.

http://www.beveragefactory.com/draftbeer/kits/2SHCKBALLKEG2_two_keg_dual_pressure_homebrew_kit.shtml

Plus 1 additional keg
And 1 additional 5lb co2 tank (2total)
And a temp controller

And a ge 7.0 freezer from home depot/lowes

Selling some old guitar gear to fund this. Cant stand bottleing anymore and waiting months for beers to carb up. I like big beers.

This sounds like a good deal bc im super interested in the duel tapright regulator.

Im gonna make a nice keezer out of this setup. But is there anything im forgetting? Oh and im gonna make a frame with casters. There has been a number of threads with builds so I wont bother documenting mine..

+1 on Beverage Factory. I have purchased a TON of stuff from them (4 double tap towers, 6 dual gauge regulators, 7 5lb tanks, gas - beer line, clamps etc) without flaw. Not sure about the shipping prices though, they are somewhat local to me so I purchased in person.

Are you going to have a total of 3 kegs and 2 co2 tanks? You can get by with 1 co2 tank and buy a 3-way distributor to avoid having to buy a second regulator.

http://www.beveragefactory.com/draftbeer/regulator/distributors/c412_aluminum_three_way_air_distributor.html

Yes sir 3 kegs and 2 5lb co2 tanks. And im not worried about another regulator as I plan to use the 2nd co2 tank as a backup for when my 1st tank runs out. I want to always have a spare.

And the shipping for all that came out around $50 so thats not bad.

I know I can fit 4 kegs in the freezer so im planning on a 3 way maifold coming from one regulator and using the other regulator to carb up.

Yes sir 3 kegs and 2 5lb co2 tanks. And im not worried about another regulator as I plan to use the 2nd co2 tank as a backup for when my 1st tank runs out. I want to always have a spare.

Personally I'd go for the 20lb tank (which is a few bucks cheaper than buying two 5lbs) and make a lot fewer trips for gas. Plus the place I go charges $24 for a 20lb fill and $20 for a 5 lb fill.

:mug:

Well I was thinking about that but I really want to keep the tank in my keezer, so the 5lb one would fit perfect. I also have a welding shop 3 min away from me that will re fill my tanks.

Just an FYI Beverage Factory is backordered on 5G used kegs and they failed to tell me that till just a "partial" order was shipped. My order sat for 2 days and when I wanted to cancel then everything shipped but the kegs. Not real happy about the situation but it is what it is. I was going to cancel and go with Birdman Brewing. I could have had everything in a day. But, the kegs will not ship till the 25th. Prices are similar. I went ahead an ordered 2 more kegs from Birdman since I have 2 beers coming off of primary in a week. Just a heads up.

I just ordered basically the same setup from keg connection - didn't add the 3rd keg and already had an A419 temp controller. Total was $384 with shipping and new kegs, so this seems like a much better deal! On the other hand, they had everything in stock and I got it in less than a week.

KegConnection.com Items
1 2 Keg Basic Keg Kit, Premium Kit, w/ NEW 5 Gallon Stainless Steel Ball Lock Kegs @ $272.90 = $272.90
1 A) 5 LB CO2 Cylinder, Aluminum @ $64.95 = $64.95
1 CO2 Beer Regulator, Dual Body, Taprite, Upgrade (read detailed description before ordering!) WITH PURCH. OF KIT ONLY @ $35.00 = $35.00
1 O-ring Lubricant, Food Grade @ $3.95 = $3.95
Sub-Total: $376.80
Shipping: $7.95 (Standard)
Sales Tax: $0.00
KegConnection.com Total: $384.75

And don't forget the lube. Yes, I said lube. And laughed.

This might be a dumb question but are the new ball lock kegs the same connection as the old used ball locks?

This might be a dumb question but are the new ball lock kegs the same connection as the old used ball locks?

You can be assured that ball lock corny kegs are ball locks, whether they're oem kegs or converted pin locks, old or new. The interface is an industry standard and no good would come of some company going rogue and making parts that don't fit...

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back