Making dog treats, have a question.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevinlassen

chefkevshomebrew
Reaction score
After making my ipa's I use the spent grains for dog treats for, Daisy Mae. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1389536092.028768.jpg

I'm making a porter and it had cocoa nibs in it. I want to know if that is okay to do. I know dogs can't eat chocolate so I'm kinda leery of it.

Thanks y'all.

You had cocoa nibs in the mash? If so, I wouldn't use those grains for dog treats. Normally, cocoa nibs go in the secondary, and not the mash. I've never heard of cocoa in the mash.

How are you making the dog treats? I'm interested in it as I have a dog and normally just throw the gains away?

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Home Brew mobile app

My dog LOVES these. It is his all-time favorite treat. I think it's the combination of peanut butter and grains that drive him crazy.

I need to make some more. I bought new dogbone-shaped cookie cutters that I haven't tried yet.

I sprinkle some Parmesan cheese in mine to give them some funk. Dogs like funk I think.

I wouldn't use grains with coco nibs. That could make your dog very sick, or worse.

Back