Making chips on the BBQ

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey! it's not rained here for a week and it''s been above 70.
I was on the allotment for a few hours doing a bit of hard labour, So I HAD to go to the pub.

Plus Past for dinner NEEDS a good wine.

Don't you see what's going on here?

The Brits refuse to give positive affirmation to anything with a French name. That's why they don't call them French fries. Heck, they even pronounce fillet like fil'-lit. Not that there's anything wrong with that.:D

The Brits refuse to give positive affirmation to anything with a French name. That's why they don't call them French fries. Heck, they even pronounce fillet like fil'-lit. Not that there's anything wrong with that.:D

ANd we call blue cheese by it's name too. Who ever heard of Danish Bleu!? How much sense would THAT make! :D

FWIW, this is scattered, smothered, and covered:

waffle%2Bhouse%2B012.jpg

It's sort of a southern thing. They're hash browns from Waffle House (aka the Awful Waffle).
They don't get one of those rings to mold it into a disk = scattered
with diced onion = smothered
with cheese = covered

They are actually very good but they are cooked with artificially-butter-flavored, industrial-strength oil.

That's because it's English/British food.

A Fillet is a Fillet, Blue cheese is blue cheese.
It's born bred, raised and made in the UK not france.

A Brie and a Camembert are french in style and sometimes bade in the UK but because it's a French style it's got a French name.

That's because it's English/British food.

A Fillet is a Fillet, Blue cheese is blue cheese.
It's born bred raised and made in the UK not french.

A Brie and a Camembert are french in style and sometimes bade in the UK but because it's a French style it's got a French name.

the US did change them to freedom fries for a short while.....

Orfy- do they have chicken and waffels in the UK?

I love chicken and waffles, it is such an amazing combination. Your picture looks amazing Orfy.

On the topic of chips - I love them and miss them. I had real fish n' chips once in Ireland. They were amazing. I have been searching ever since and have been lazy about it - I will fry some up proper for myself next week.

Mind sharing your batter recipe Orfy?

You know what!?

I do like I do with most of my cooking a beer. I don't weigh, I always have the basics in. Grab and shake and pour. I go off look smell and consistency.

I use self raising flour, lemonade (room temp), salt pepper. You should sift the flour but I never do. I just whisk the dry flour to break up and get air in. Mix in the liquid and whisk. It's better if you can let it sit a little until you see some air bubbles raising and popping on the surface. I some times throw a very small amounts of finely chopped herbs in.

yea thats exactly what i mean! Well if one of your chickens decided to sacrifice itself- make some waffels and have at it. Per this thread- i never though about deep frying on a grill but im probably going to give this a shot. Pretty sweet

Latest posts

Back