Making a database of beer reviews in open office, suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OppamaBrendan

Reaction score
I never learned any database software before and am not really sure what I am doing. So far I have a list of all the breweries in Japan in open office :base", and columns for various things like date sampled, date brewed, reviewer name, IBU, blahblahblah. I put it together in open office calc (kind of like excel) first and copied the data into the database table. I want to make a form to enter reviews of beers, and a way to summarize and export reports like perhaps a top 25 list or a visualization trend of improving quality for a single beer over several batch dates...
But yeah, I know what I want but am in over my head with the software, not really sure about how to get from point A to point Z.

I can share what I have in the database file if anyone is interested and would like to see something like this. I may drop this project altogether if it turns out to be more than I can spend my time & energy on. I could do some of what I want in a spreadsheet program I suppose, but learning how to database simple stuff is a secondary goal.

Suggestions or tips on using open office "base" for a beer database are welcome.
Cheers
B

Back