Making a client cry...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolfstar

Reaction score
While working with a client and her dog today, the owner actually cried...I was a little bit at a loss, but rolled with it.

A little background

The client called me after a referal from a vet. She had adopted a 2 year old black lab with extreme fear issues. The dog would cower, tail tucked and attempting escape anytime she was approched by a human. The dog was actually on the euthanasia list at the municipal shelter for fear 4 months ago when my client saw her and wanted to give her a second chance. It took me 3 visits to break the ice with this pup before she would trust me...

Today we went to a big dog freindly outdoor mall for a social day. We spent some time in the Apple (computer) store where this pup came out of her shell and started to initiate greetings to humans. Sniffing hands, feet, allowing people to brush by her without her freeking out.

My client was crying in the middle of the Apple store...it was awkward. But it felt good to make a positive change in 2 lives.

Love your pups, socilaise them...it makes a huge difference in quality of life.

My dog cowards like that as well, but that's cause I beat it.

I assume you are joking, but two things:

1. It's not funny.
2. If you are not joking, I also live in the east bay and would be happy to come by and help you and your dog get over the issue (by beating the crap out of you).

We just adopted a dog with similar although less severe issues. I think people that beat dogs should have their eyes removed and be used for rat bait (McBrewski, that's aimed at you).

1. It's not funny.
2. If you are not joking, I also live in the east bay and would be happy to come by and help you and your dog get over the issue (by beating the crap out of you).

We just adopted a dog with similar although less severe issues. I think people that beat dogs should have their eyes removed and be used for rat bait (McBrewski, that's aimed at you).

I think that people that go psycho over internet posts are fascinating!! :p

1. It's not funny.

Like a rented mule.

Not really. Actually my wife and I recently rescued a dog with severe mange and have been getting him healthy. He just recently tested mange free. The jerks before us let it get so bad before they handed him over to the rescue that a few good size areas of his hair will never grow back. Also, when I flipped through his medical records it shows he also had a broken leg when he was like 6 months old with the same owner. I really can't comprehend letting a dog just suffer like that, he's got the greatest personality ever and likes overseeing the brew process.

I think that people that go psycho over internet posts are fascinating!! :p

Perhaps I took it too far and shouldn't be so sensitive. But come on. Who the hell posts what he posts on a thread like this? It's like someone posting that they just gave birth to a baby with severe autism being followed by a post by someone claiming that they gave their kid autism by beating him silly.

It's not funny and quite frankly, it's downright rude and *****y. And if Mr ****** McBrewski is serious, I stand by my statement that I am merely a few miles away.

People do horrible things to dogs. I truly don't find anything remotely funny in his post.

Not really. Actually my wife and I recently rescued a dog with severe mange and have been getting him healthy. He just recently tested mange free. The jerks before us let it get so bad before they handed him over to the rescue that a few good size areas of his hair will never grow back. Also, when I flipped through his medical records it shows he also had a broken leg when he was like 6 months old with the same owner. I really can't comprehend letting a dog just suffer like that, he's got the greatest personality ever and likes overseeing the brew process.

Thank you for the clarification.

You are awesome. I love all your dog posts. I try to rescue as many as I can here but I just don't have the space to keep more so I at least try to get the others I find good homes.

Yes I am having an "I love you man" moment... and yes I am drinking.

Fair enough, but saying you live in his area and you will come over and beat him just MIGHT be taking it too far.

I could be wrong on this, I so often am. :(

Oh I am quite sure it is taking it too far. But not knowing whether he was serious or not, well........

I literally just adopted a dog that was obviously beaten and quite possibly used to train fighting dogs (scarred and scared). He was malnourished and sick. It breaks my heart to think there are people like this out there. And to have someone admit to beating a dog, well that set me off. It was a joke and that's great. But I have no tolerance for animal abuse.

Back