Make beer while the sun shines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prrriiide

Reaction score
Smokin cigarettes and watching Captain Kangaroo
If I would have simply re-arranged a few trivial thing last Sunday (like watching the game in my garage instead of a friend's house), I could have had a brew day. But I had already planned on brewing this Saturday. Sunday it was 59° and sunny in Knoxpatch. This Saturday, it's supposed to be sunny and 40° with moderate winds to bring the wind chill down into the low 30s.

Lesson learned. :(

At least I'll have a nice steaming pot of wort to warm up around!

But! The colder weather means that if you're using an immersion chiller, it works faster! Yeah, I know it's a stretch...

I feel your pain. I brewed last Sunday and did listen to the game on my computer.

Just crack the Garage door 6" that's more than enough ventilation and the burners will take care of the rest. ;)

I don't know about what the weather will be like but I do know if your brewing in the sun make sure to keep the direct sun light off of the brewing beer. It takes as little as 10 min of direct sunlight to skunk a beer so you can taste it. This is important only after you add the hops though. so make sure you have the ability to shade your brew on brew day.

This is why I brewed the week before, on Sunday. The bye weeks between the championships offer a lot of idle time.

Back