Maibock oyl-111

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oneandone

Reaction score
Finally kegged my Maibock. I wanted to test for Diacetyl ans right now on the sample that was heated up ans chilled I can detect very slight buttery notes. Anything I can do? I racked it from the secondary to the keg just today. I did a Diacetyl rest after primary fermentation for 2-3 days.

I really don't know what you can do with a finished product besides drinking it so fast you cant taste too much.

Is there a reason you used a secondary? You want to minimize air pick-up during racking, filtration and packaging because oxygen causes alpha-acetolactate in beer to convert to diacetyl. Unless you have a good reason for using a secondary ( which you can find good reasons to do so here: faq/secondary - Homebrewing) you should stop. If you did the diacetyl rest before moving it to the secondary that's almost for sure how it happened.

Back