Magnum

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

travis4077

Reaction score
Today I picked my Magnum and put the cones into 2 categories, brew and all others (mainly tea for those nights where sleep is hard to come by). Would you trust these to give a tasty brew?

1507337617925543381243.jpg

Magnum is a bittering hop and it's harder to deside how much you need because you don't know the acid numbers. Other than that they are fine.

Today I picked my Magnum and put the cones into 2 categories, brew and all others (mainly tea for those nights where sleep is hard to come by). Would you trust these to give a tasty brew?

If I were you, I wouldn't trust them. I would ship them to me for proper disposal. :D They look delish

Go for it. If using them wet (undried), keep in mind that you need about 4 times as much as dry by weight, as they are only about 22-25% solids, with the rest being water weight. So if your recipe asks for 1 oz Magnum, you'd need 4 oz wet. If you will dry them, then they should be about equivalent to commercial hops in character and alpha acid.

Back