Magic Eraser

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waboom!!

Reaction score
Mr Clean Magic Eraser is a superior product for scrubbing up stains like the burnt on crap that gets left on the stove (if you brew inside). Its the only thing I've found to remove cooked on black or brown malt extract stains from around the burner. Just thought I'd point this out. Happy Brewing!

Mr Clean Magic Eraser is a superior product for scrubbing up stains like the burnt on crap that gets left on the stove (if you brew inside). Its the only thing I've found to remove cooked on black or brown malt extract stains from around the burner. Just thought I'd point this out. Happy Brewing!

Yep I've recommeded it as being an important part of every brewer's tool box on many occasions...It also works to get the label glue residue off your beer bottles after the oxyclean soak.

But just today I had to use it for exactly what you mentioned...Lesson to you newbies lurking, never boil up some wort for a yeast starter at 2 am after stumbling back home from the bar quite druk..:drunk:

I wondered why it smelled like caramel corn when I woke up this morning. :D

never boil up some wort for a yeast starter at 2 am after stumbling back home from the bar quite druk..:drunk:

That's my policy. If I'm drunk enough to drive home, I'm drunk enough to stay away from the DME and the Pyrex flasks.

Wait. Did I say "enough"? Hm. I'll have to think about that. Maybe I don't have a policy. I forget now. I bet that bottle of Cuervo at home will help me to remember.

Drunken starter boils, and even the rare SOBER boil, should not be undertaken without a drop of kettle defoamer. Stuff is AWESOME. I can fill a pot up to a half-inch from the lip, or an Erlenmeyer to 80% of its capacity without crusties on the stove.

Drunken starter boils, and even the rare SOBER boil, should not be undertaken without a drop of kettle defoamer. Stuff is AWESOME. I can fill a pot up to a half-inch from the lip, or an Erlenmeyer to 80% of its capacity without crusties on the stove.

Funny....even though I use it in my boils.....I never think of it for the starters...

*slaps forehead*

Well, duh :D

THanks for the tip.

:mug:

Back