Made a Imperial Stout for the team I deployed with

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vp7799

Reaction score
I am in the Army. Before I deployed last year I made an Imperial Stout, using an Austin Homebrew partial Mash kit. I had it in a primary for a couple weeks, then moved to a secondary, where it spent the rest of the year, while I was deployed to Afghanistan. I came back early from deployment for some medical issues. I have just bottled it to hand out as my team arrives. I printed out the label on a laser printer and sealed the top in wax. The wax seal is for good looks rather than a good seal. The beer turned out pretty smooth, with a bit of sweetness on the back end. It might have been too warm in the secondary or stalled out on fermentation, but still very drinkable. The link goes to my imagur where I posted the pictures. Hope you like it.

http://imgur.com/gallery/0RrsF

Nicely done and thank you for your service.

Gotta love the dumb ass imgur comment about being so well off that you have a Kitchenaid mixer on the counter. LOL I think many who have them (like me) got them as a gift. Silly people. /end rant

Thanks for the nice comments, also thanks to everyone on this forum. This place has answered a lot oft questions and taught me good technique. This site is where I learned about partial mash, labels, wax seals. Just reading through these posts has really helped. Thanks

Back