lysol no rinse sanatizer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
must be a coincidence but i just hauled a load(im a trucker)for reckitt benckiser(the supplier)the other day
think this product will do the trick??

personally ide stick to the tried and true iodophore and starsan.....then again thats just me

Well, according to what I found online it looks like you could possibly use it....

Meets Federal Food Code Requirements for a no rinse sanitizer.

Here's a pdf http://www.reckittprofessional.com/customer_services/info_bulletins/5-29.pdf

And there evidently was some discussion about this a couple years ago on here...but it sorta died. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/cheap-no-rinse-sanitizer-17808/

I can't say yes or no though....there doesn't seem to be much info on it...like whether or not it would leave any chemical tastes in your beer.....

You may have to be the Guinnie Pig on this one, try it out on a couple batches and report back to us...that's how breakthroughs get mmade in this hobby....people try something noone else has and then share the info...

This may be on of those situations...I for one would be interested in your findings....

If it's anything like the Lysol that's under my (the wifes) kitchen sink I could not fathom the thought of using it on any of my brewing equipment. First off the smell of it alone about makes me sick and to use it on my equipment vs standard cleaners and sanitizers available for the home brewer i'll have to pass on this one. I would rather use a couple gallons of cheap vodka on everything before lysol in an instant then make some drinks. JMO's here, it might work for you but the cost of a 10 gallon batch in dollars that might get wasted plus my time and labor is too high vs using a known good product for good bier results.

Looks to be a mixture of ethanol and alkyl dimethyl benzyl ammonium
chlorides (quaternary ammonia). The quaternary ammonia is the same ingredient used in the blue tablets you see at bar 3-basin sinks for sanitizing glass ware. As long as there aren't any purfumes added, I don't see why it couldn't be used as a brewing sanitizer.

i belive this product is mainly for sanitizing beer glasses and such in bars so
if they use it for that must be ok
ill probably try it when my no rinse that came with my beer kit runs out

Back