Lumpy head foam

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob6239

Reaction score
Can anyone help identify what may have happened with my brew? Pics below. I had this a long time ago once with a Cascade smash I made and never figured it out. That one was much more pronounced than this.

Head on beer seems "chunky" or "lumpy" and never really dissipates. Some of it seems almost like a permanent film, or stays as a ring. Poured from keg and the pics are after I drank 1/3 of glass so its been sitting a bit.

Beer was

85.2% 2-Row
6.6% Munich
6.6% Crystal 40
1.6% Carapils

Still trying to dial in mashing on new indoor electrical system, but mashed for an hour and it probably was up and down between 150-157. I would have like about 151-152

beer1.jpg

beer2.jpg

beer3.jpg

I'm not sure the pics do it justice, but its as if I spit in my beer a few times and it just floats there

That's what low carbonation English ales generally look like a few minutes after pouring. My not quite carbonated heady clone is looking the same right this second.

It's just how foam dissipates.

Back