Low Profile Perlick coupler line connector conversion question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uxb666

Reaction score
Hi, recently put together a refrigerator/kegerator setup after my beverage air kegerator finally gave out. converting the refrigerator went well and to keep some of the space in the refrigerator I decided to switch out the coupler with a low profile coupler. My beer line and c02 lines are setup to connect to the standard (I think) 5/8 male connector on the old coupler. The new coupler has barbs/nipples. The barbs are connected to the coupler via a 1/8 NPT thread. Does anyone know how I can go from a 1/8" NPT female to what is needed for the lines existing setup?

Want to convert the nipples on this
9p104.jpg

Previous coupler. Want to connect lines like this to the above coupler
assembly_connect_co2_tube_coupler.jpg

Thanks

T

I have that coupler. It's been years since I hooked it up but looking at it its just standard air and 3/8 beer line hooked up to it with hose clamps. I may have switched out the hose barbs but don't remember. Easy replacement if you need to.

Just cut the old connectors off and slide on the hose and see if its a tight fit

I have that coupler. It's been years since I hooked it up but looking at it its just standard air and 3/8 beer line hooked up to it with hose clamps. I may have switched out the hose barbs but don't remember. Easy replacement if you need to.

Just cut the old connectors off and slide on the hose and see if its a tight fit

I was hoping to avoid pushing and pulling off the line on those barbs when I do line cleaning. In the old setup it was just a couple twist of the wrench to unhook the lines from the coupler. Do you pull off the lines from the barbs everytime you do a cleaning or leave them on when you do a line clean?

T

I use one of these. Ya its a bit expensive but it will last forever most likely. I've had mine for 4 years and works perfect. Buy once cry once.

The ease of use makes it worth the cost.
Fill tank with BLC/water mix (beer line cleaner)
Hook up coupler like normal and open faucet. Couldn't be easier. I've never once unhooked my lines and never plan to. Unhooking/rehooking lines only leads to leaks.

https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai...hUKEwiX_Zy1ie_XAhUEc98KHSAgC8EQ9aACCD8&adurl=

Thanks all for the reply, got everything I need to make a decision. Really appreciate it!

T

Latest posts

Back