Low ABV beer instead of water?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iddqd

Reaction score
I read on the wiki that it's possible to use pretty much any liquid instead of water when brewing, so I'm just wondering, would it be possible to use a low ABV beer?

The beer in question is a Vienna Lager with an ABV of 2.1%. Doesn't really taste much, here's a review I found. The reason I'm asking is because I have about 2.5 gallons of it in a bucket. I a couple of cases because I needed the bottles and couldn't get them anywhere else on a short notice, and pouring all of it in the sink was too much of a waste of beer.

Anyhow, does anyone have a recipe suggestion? This is only my second batch (the first one was bottled yesterday), so nothing too complicated.

Well, I would think it would mess up your IBU's, etc.
Really that is kind of like asking if I can use basic wine as a base to make champagne.
This question has popped up once or twice before and the answers have always been WTF?
Add some vodka, fruit and whatever to it and make a grog and bring it to a party.
Don't use it to make another beer.

Back