Low abv beer. Can I do a partial mash and just not add extract

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noblebrew

Reaction score
I have been brewing for over a year now but it has all been extract with specialty grains. So I'm looking to do a table beer around 3%. I have it worked out and I'm looking at it and I only have about 1.75 lbs of dme in the recipe. Now my question is could I do a partial boil, brew in the bag method and still hit my og in my 5 gallon pot?

Sure. I do pb/pm biab all the time now. Maybe about 4-5lbs of grains with 1 or 2 1lb bags of DME should about do it. I'd have to plug it into BS2 to get the exact numbers,but that's pretty close.

So I plugged it into beersmith and I can hit an og of 1.028, which will give me a 2.8% beer, with only 2.75lbs of base grain. Is that right? or do I need to change something in the program?

Did you set up your equipment profile? Did you set up for partial mash,all extract,etc? Less than 3lbs of grains & no extract,or did you add extract to the recipe too?

Did you set up your equipment profile? Did you set up for partial mash,all extract,etc? Less than 3lbs of grains & no extract,or did you add extract to the recipe too?

Thanks that helped out a lot now I'm at 4.75 lbs base grain. I think that is doable.

Latest posts

Back