Love/hate of a homebrew keg kicking. Isn't dat veird?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HB2 HughBHomeBrew

Reaction score
So I just pulled an IPA from a keg I think is about to kick and I'm weirdly disappointed that it didn't but then when they kick I'm also a little sad.

I know my homebrew people can identify, right? right?

1616378991766.png

It never fails; when I need a keg empty quick, it turns into a "magic" keg that just won't kick. Or they kick when I'm 99.9999% sure there's at least 2 more pints in there, suddenly I've got a glass with 1" of beer and 4" of foam and gunk from the bottom of the keg.

damn man, i feel you. at the moment i got a dark beer just kegged cold and carbed, and i've been drinking light for a week. i know this light stuff is close to a goner, so i don't want to hook up the dark yet. but it's still pouring, and every glass is kinda disapointing.

So I just pulled an IPA from a keg I think is about to kick and I'm weirdly disappointed that it didn't but then when they kick I'm also a little sad.

I know my homebrew people can identify, right? right?

View attachment 723073
Totally identify with this. Then there's those ones that when they do kick you think to yourself, Thank fvvvck that one's gone. Which is usually every beer for me after about a month or so on tap. I'm ready for something else by that point! But there are the exceptions...

Back