Looking to borrow a Beer Gun in the Monmouth County or Manhattan area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flananuts

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've brewed up an IIPA that I'm going to bottle from keg and I was hoping someone around might have a beer gun I could borrow. I will supply a bottle of the brew plus I have a full freezer of hops including columbus(tomahawk), nugget,cascade all leaf and 2011 crop, plus warrior, summit, cascade, amarillo, and noble hops in pellet. I also have backyard centennial and cascade to offer as well. Please PM me and if you are in Manhattan or near exit 109, I'll come and meet you.

Here's to hoping there's a miracle out there

Can't help ya. But if you have a spare Racking Cane, Picnic Tap (black plastic tap), and a rubber stopper you can do the DIY beer gun method. It get great reviews and even if you have to buy those items it only costs 25 bucks?

look up BeirMunchers "We no need no stinking beer gun" thread .. I made one for under $2 and it works great, I bottled 20 beers last night, but have done a whole keg before. Once you get a rhythm going, it's no big deal !

Here's the thread

For what it's worth, I don't chill the bottles, I just line them up, spray with starsan and fill at around 2-3psi, bleeding the excess pressure occasionally ~ It's cheap enough to try I'm sure you'll love it !

I built one that I used for filling growlers but I wasn't pleased overall with the performance. 10 gallons in 1 liter bottles is no small feat. I was hoping to not have to go that route but i just may have to.

Having used both the Blichman and the Biermuncher's low-tech version, I sold the Blichman years ago.

I have competed with beers bottled from BM's method, as well as stored beers for years. It's actually much faster then the Blichman, too.

I was just going to say that. If you found the counterpressure action of the BMBF to be problematic, it will only be worse with the beergun. What you need is a helper so that you can fill the next bottle immediately while someone is capping the previous.

Clarify, I actually liked the burp method using the stopper except I used a bottle filler cane with the little pressure jimmy at the bottom. I think the issue I didn't like was that I felt the beer wasn't carbonated enough, which is probably unrelated. The beer I'm going to bottle fill is a BM IIPA inspired by his tit's upIIPA. Funny thing about friends is all I have to do is say the word "beer" and they are always happy to oblige.

I will put together the DIY again and see how it goes.

BTW Bobby, ever since I started conditioning my grain, my eHERMS rig has been hitting 85% eff 3 beers in a row. The IIPA was 31lbs of grain in my MLT and I had the best recirc grain bed at 1.10 qts per lb in the mash.

Back