Looking for samplers! (Edmonton, Alberta)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sn00ky

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

As the title suggests, I am looking for samplers. I have a few bottles of most of my brews kicking around and I am looking to share them with someone - sounds awesome right! :mug:

One requirement though - Looking for someone to educate me; I want to learn how to taste beer. Might sound crazy but here's the thing. I know what I like, and I can detect differences in beers, at least some. But I have no idea what the difference is or how to describe it!

Sampling some of the brews I have made would be very helpful to me, as I keep somewhat decent record of what I have done, what mistakes I made, and what I would do differently next time. Not only am I hoping to learn what "astringent" tastes like (example), but also realize where I went wrong with my batch to get that problem.

I have read so many posts on here, other forums, and Google in general that describes examples better than I could imagine, but dumb old me and my pallet doesn't understand without that first hand experience- and who doesn't like sampling!!!

I have been brewing beer about 6 months now, all grain.

I live in the Edmonton area of Alberta. Anyone around the area that would be interested?:mug:

Thanks in advance, happy brewing!

Pardon me for forgetting to thank everyone on HomeBrewTalk by the way. Though this is my first post, I have been reading and learning from here for some time now.

Thanks everyone!!!

Welcome to the forum.

I'd suggest posting this over in the "Sampling and Critiquing and Beer Swapping" section of the forum, you'll probably have better luck getting responses.

Is there a homebrew club in your area? That is a great place to have good brewers and BJCP judges give you honest feedback, as well as refine your taste.

Good luck! Wish I was closer so I could try some.

Ah so there is a better place, thanks!

How would I remove it from here?

And yes, there is a club, but they are more active and meet during the winter months. I hear lots of great things about it and will be signing up next time I am at the LHBS.

Well it sounds like you're set up well.

Not sure how this forum works, but I don't know if you have the power to delete the thread. I think the mods can lock it though.

Latest posts

Back