Looking for a Smuttynose Shoals Pale Ale recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BakRivrBruen

Reaction score
So this my favorite pale ale and I'm looking for a clone or something in the ballpark. I've searched all over the place and have come up with nothing. I have been to the brewery many times over the years but never asked about how they make the shoals. Of course the last time I went was long before I began brewing so it never crossed my mind. I think all their beers are great but this one always stands out for some reason. I have the basics from the website but was looking for a little more info. So if anyone has made something close to this I would love to hear it. Thanks everyone!

They practically hand you the recipe on their website:

Malt Bill
North American 2-Row, Carastan, C-60, Carahell, Carafa II DH

Hops
Bittering: Cascade and Galena
Flavoring: Cascade

Starting Extract 12.5° Plato
Terminal Extract 2.15° Plato

ABV 5.6%

IBU 52

Yeah not quite. I would not call that handing me the recipe. Pretty sure the site says nothing about grain percentages, hop scheduling, and mashing schedule. I emailed the brewery but got no response. I came up with something that might be close according to beersmith that I'll be brewing next week.

Latest posts

Back