Looking for a good burner 200k btu!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yewtah-brewha

Reaction score
I have been using an old turkey fryer burner with the single port orifice, and flame spreader, when I last looked it up, I recall it being 200,000 btus, i used it this past weekend and it heats 15 gallons of wort from 80 degrees to boiling in about 25 minutes, It however has been giving me some trouble and want to upgrade but I'm concerned I wont find anything out there that can do what this does, My questions are these

1) what are your recommendations for 15 gallon batches?
2)should i build a semi commercial system? if so where do I shop
3) what are the btus your using what do you like about your sysytem?

I have been using an old turkey fryer burner with the single port orifice, and flame spreader, when I last looked it up, I recall it being 200,000 btus, i used it this past weekend and it heats 15 gallons of wort from 80 degrees to boiling in about 25 minutes, It however has been giving me some trouble and want to upgrade but I'm concerned I wont find anything out there that can do what this does, My questions are these

1) what are your recommendations for 15 gallon batches?
2)should i build a semi commercial system? if so where do I shop
3) what are the btus your using what do you like about your sysytem?

I have two of the KAB6’s and they worked great for my keggle HERMS setup (240k BTUs I believe??). I’ve now converted to indoor BIAB but I’d definitely recommend the KAB6. You’ll also find the KAB4 with the same burner, but the supports holding the pot above the burner are larger on the KAB6. Recommend the 6 for 15gal pots and above.

Latest posts

Back