"long term relationships"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I was married for 16 years the first time, and now I've been married for 10 years. I lived with him two years before getting married since I was a bit gun-shy the second time.

It just occurred to me that means I've been with a partner for 28 years! 28 years. That's a long, long, long time.

And in my first marriage, those 16 years were miserable. So I think they should count as "dog years"- you know, 7 years for each 1 actual year. It sure felt that way.

25 yrs here, same girl. She's a keeper. I don't know how she puts up with me. I sorta do what I want all the time, leaving a wake behind me.

IMG_5220.JPG

10 yrs married but 20 yrs together. Still hold hands whenever the kids aren't pulling out of us (4 & 1 1/2). Wouldn't change a thing :). She kinda likes my whacky hobbies aswell so i chose well, or did she?

passedpawn said:
25 yrs here, same girl. She's a keeper. I don't know how she puts up with me. I sorta do what I want all the time, leaving a wake behind me.

Either that's an older shot, or you married her when she was 5 ;)

I was married for 10 years to a horrible and abusive woman, who gave me 3 perfect boys. Now I have the boys, and a perfect wife ;) She lets me do whatever I want as long as I give her attention and don't abuse the privilege. She cooks, cleans, sews, can put in a hardwood floor, run a tile saw, rewire a kitchen and bathroom, and treats my boys better than their mother ever could. At only 2 years it's definitely not a long term relationship yet, but it's on it's way ;)

image-3088672799.jpg

Either that's an older shot, or you married her when she was 5 ;)

I was married for 10 years to a horrible and abusive woman, who gave me 3 perfect boys. Now I have the boys, and a perfect wife ;) She lets me do whatever I want as long as I give her attention and don't abuse the privilege. She cooks, cleans, sews, can put in a hardwood floor, run a tile saw, rewire a kitchen and bathroom, and treats my boys better than their mother ever could. At only 2 years it's definitely not a long term relationship yet, but it's on it's way ;)

And she cuts limes!

I updated the picture. I don't know when I took that, but it would have been a while ago. The new pic is easter a month ago. That's the whole family. That's me on the left (ha, j/k).

Happy Memorial Day everyone.

passedpawn said:
And she cuts limes!

I updated the picture. I don't know when I took that, but it would have been a while ago. The new pic is easter a month ago. That's the whole family. That's me on the left (ha, j/k).

Happy Memorial Day everyone.

Beautiful family :mug:

and now I've been married for 10 years.

and may your years ahead be blessed...

Married 33 years...dated for 4 years before I came to my senses and asked her to marry me. I have no idea why she's put up with me all these years which tends to be a theme from most guys when married for a while. She lets me ski, ride motorcycles, bbq, and now brew. Case in point when I went to the LHBS looking at a bigger boil kettle she comes over with a 10G Blichmann and said "I think you should get this one...I like how it feels"...

For those starting out just remember marriage takes work...good work but work none the less...make anniversaries an adventure, her birthday a tradition, and practice planned spontanity...

and I'd do it all over in a second...now back to your regular programming..

Been married for 20 now. She was my first real girlfriend. She's really too good for me, but don't tell her that.

Same here, except for the married part.

We've been together seven years, minus a few months where we broke up when we first started college. She was going off to a real university and I was staying at a community college for a while and was worried she'd "find somebody" so I broke up with her and then we got back together a few months later. We don't really count the few months we were apart and kept the same anniversary. :ban:

I just graduated, and as soon as I can find me a job I'm getting the ring.

...She lets me do whatever I want as long as I give her attention and don't abuse the privilege. She cooks, cleans, sews, can put in a hardwood floor, run a tile saw, rewire a kitchen and bathroom, and treats my boys better than their mother ever could. ...

And she's hot. :D

Please don't take that wrong.

Been with my wife since 1999 (13 years for the math trads). Been married for 4 years. Happy as can be. She brews. She mountain bikes. She isn't afraid to walk into the woods for a week with everything we need for a week on our backs. She is pretty wicked awesome. :ban:

pointerDixie214 said:
And she's hot. :D

Please don't take that wrong.

Been with my wife since 1999 (13 years for the math trads). Been married for 4 years. Happy as can be. She brews. She mountain bikes. She isn't afraid to walk into the woods for a week with everything we need for a week on our backs. She is pretty wicked awesome. :ban:

I'll pass it along ;) I finally got one that looks good and isn't clinically insane :mug:

Sounds like you've got a fine lass yourself. That's one thing mine won't do is brew, but I'm ok with that. That's me time.

Been married to my Sweetie for 23 years and counting... best decision I ever made was to ask her to marry me, and I am lucky she is still with me. She is the person who got me into brewing and has encouraged my hobby as much as I have encouraged her's. She is a quilter and I love the math and geometry in quilting.

Yooper said:
I was married for 16 years the first time, and now I've been married for 10 years. I lived with him two years before getting married since I was a bit gun-shy the second time.

It just occurred to me that means I've been with a partner for 28 years! 28 years. That's a long, long, long time.

And in my first marriage, those 16 years were miserable. So I think they should count as "dog years"- you know, 7 years for each 1 actual year. It sure felt that way.

Amen, I was with my 'starter' husband for 15 years, but Lord those were long!

I'm happy to say that I took a leap of faith with my 2nd ( and last ) hubby and found a relationship I always dreamed of. I brew it, he drinks it... And a lot of other good stuff!

Same here, except for the married part.

We've been together seven years, minus a few months where we broke up when we first started college. She was going off to a real university and I was staying at a community college for a while and was worried she'd "find somebody" so I broke up with her and then we got back together a few months later. We don't really count the few months we were apart and kept the same anniversary. :ban:

I just graduated, and as soon as I can find me a job I'm getting the ring.

Cheer and best of luck to you and your girls future!

I'm on a second marriage. First was 12 years long and I woke up every anniversary day asking myself if there would be another one.

My second wife and I have been together for twelve years, 10 of them married. Each anniversary now I ask myself a question as well. How long will I be able to love my wife before death does us part?

It isn't always easy to be married. But any problems are outweighed by the love.

Just my 2cents.

I'm starting to feel older than dirt! My dear wife and I will celebrate our FORTY-THIRD wedding anniversary on 9 August. How's that for a "long-term relationship?"

glenn514:mug:

You're still young Glenn. My neighbors celebrated their 69th last week. My 5th is this month. Dated 5 years before proposing, then a year engaged.

I'm starting to feel older than dirt! My dear wife and I will celebrate our FORTY-THIRD wedding anniversary on 9 August. How's that for a "long-term relationship?"

Forty three years?!? Wow- that's wonderful!

In some ways, it was really hard when Bob first retired because he was always THERE. No matter what, there he was. But over the last couple of years, we've developed a perfect rhythm on who is doing what, and we are together almost all of the time. The new constant togetherness was a bit hard at first, but now I wouldn't have it any other way.

My longest relationship its with my dog... don't get me wrong please. I have it for almost 9 years lived with me in three different countrys and I got to keep him in two divorces (yes I am 32 and I'm about to get married for the third time) I'll choose him over anybody

In some ways, it was really hard when Bob first retired because he was always THERE.

I retired first, while my wife worked. That was cool, because I'd be home alone all day, and could do what I wanted exactly when I wanted. I didn't develop any particular routine, which was good when she retired. At times, we do get into each other's hair...such as mine is...but that is rare.

I think the most important thing I've learned over almost 43 years of marriage is exactly WHEN to keep my mouth shut!

Best 8 years of my life were the last 8 w/ my wife. She hates brewing, detests it, but she puts up with it (and me). Wouldn't have it any other way.

BTW, I had a patient yesterday that is about to celebrate his 79th anniversary. So glenn, you are but a spring chicken my friend. Cheers to all who are happy, and for those who aren't - what are you waiting for?!?!

Back