Long lasting Krausen! S-04

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adrock18t

Reaction score
I have Brown ale that has been in primary for 14 days and i still have a 1 inch Krausen on top.. OG was 1.060 and the FG is 1.011 which is what i was aiming for. Anyone had a experience like this with s-04.. Would it be bad to go ahead and keg it. I would wait but this is a gift for my dads birthday this week.:rock

Thx guys!

If your final gravity is where you expected it and the reading hasn't changed over three days then you are good to go. I have had a similar experience with s-04. Sometimes the krausen just doesn't fall. You could try cold crashing it for a day or two before kegging or just rack the beer from under the krausen leaving behind as much krausen as possible.

Yep, US-04 is a good yeast for sure. I used it for my IPA and it cleared right up after about 3 weeks. I'd leave it there for at least another week and if it doesnt drop then cold crash after the hydro readings are stable. But if you cant, then keg it as is and leave it to condition till a few days before the birthday, force carb and prep to pour.

Latest posts

Back