London esb first time

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McCuckerson

Reaction score
I just kegged and sample an ordinary bitters based on Jamil's recipe. The beer is good but has a Scotch character to it. It was in the primary for 2 weeks at 65f. I have never tasted diacetyl so I cannot say it is that. Is this character typical for this strain or is this diacetyl? Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.

This beer is becoming more carbonated and the "scotchness" is subsiding. This must be yeast character right? Anyone?

Which yeast are you talking about?
It might still be green at this point...
What's your recipe?
Fg?

Igotsand

Its London esb from wyeast. OG 1.038, FG 1.011, 8# 2row, 1/2# cara 120, 1/2# aromatic its about 3 weeks old. The Scotch character is like when you sip Scotch and you taste the malt and smell the scotchy aroma....

This beer has come as long way in a week. It's nice and malty and lite. Tons of flavor, but light. You can drink several pints and not get blitzed...... lovin' the British ales

I'm brewing this next weekend - is it hitting it's stride week 3 or has it been longer? I'd love to be drinking this in a few weeks.

Bout 2 1/2 weeks, very tasty, sippin' it right now. More malty than bitter. Keep the carbonation low and it will be D'lish

ForumRunner_20120129_010337.jpg

Back