London Calling - new label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riromero

Reaction score
Recommendations please?

LondonSmash_v1.jpg

It looks great! The only thing that's bugging me (and it's very, very slight) is that your text for "London Calling" reads from bottom to top while the beer information reads the other direction. What about rotating that text around 180°? Or maybe you could leave it in the same orientation, but move it to the right side of the label, leaving "London Calling" on the left? But very cool image, and good colors.

I love the play on the Clash album cover - one of the great covers of all time, but I'd stick with the same type treatment that they used on the cover. The type treatment was part of what made the cover iconic in that it paid homage to the classic Elvis Presley album cover even as the music and image (and by implication the music) layed absolute waste to past paradigms in rock.

Here's the Elvis Cover

And here's the Clash

Note that in both cases the type lays directly over the image and is in two color tones and the vertical letters are still aligned horizontally. Personally I would just call it Smash down the side and ESB across the bottom and lose the London Calling Entirely - the image is iconic enough that most people will understand immediately that you're making a play on London Calling with an English beer style and presumably smashing it and making it your own.

Version 2:
- Moved the Title/ingredients
- Added ABV
- Changed the beer style text to be more descriptive

LondonSmash_v2.jpg

I like the new version much better than the original - the action's front and center, whereas before I felt distracted between the image and "London Calling" - still a great label, but I think #2 is the better of the two...

Version 2:
- Moved the Title/ingredients
- Added ABV
- Changed the beer style text to be more descriptive

LondonSmash_v2.jpg

I LOVE THIS!
I have the origonal london calling on vinyl and its my prize possesion among my record collection. Very happy that my girlfriend got it for me.

Back