LOL...I'm mean....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My wife likes beer, but her tastes are more along the lines of Michelob Honey lager, or Lienies honey weiss, pretty much along the lines mainly anything I wouldn't drink very much of.

I ask her to try my beers (my beers as wells as beers I've bought) to see what she thinks, even though she hates the bitter stuff. Well the past few times I've had Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale, I "make" her taste it, and I get a good laugh every time at her face. It is just like the bitter beer commercial. She has caught on though--and doesn't believe me anymore that it isn't the SNCA.

I don't blame her--a year ago I would have made the same face. Now, is thier anything better?

I think I'm becoming addicted to chinook hops. I've brewed 2 recent beers with them--smoked porter and SNCA. I've probably drank2 cases of SNCA in the past 3 months. I'm addicted to it. It is better than DFH 90 IMHO.

Boy....this IS a ramble...I've had a few today....brewed up a good batch and watched some football. Doesn't get better than that.

Boy....this IS a ramble

You think!?! :D

At least your wife will try it. If I were to slip my wife some SNCA she'd probably ralph, then totally kick my ass.

Keep at it, though....she'll eventually come around. The main downside is that once she's hooked, she'll start looking like us. :eek:

Hops aren't addictive. They are just so good for you, that your body demands more! Listen to your body.

Did she make "Bitter Beer Face"???

Love those Keystone commercials. Keystone was my brew of choice in college. I'd sell some blood plasma and make enough for a case of Keystone Ice and a pack of smokes.

Love ya, Orelse, but ummm did you have a point when you started that thread? It's all good, though, I'd expect you to give me **** if I made a post like that. So here ya go.

i do the same thing with my wife Orrelse. but, she does it no matter what the beer is, knowing it's probably hoppy. she must be a glutton for punishment...then again, she did marry me?????
she makes those same goofy faces :~)

My wife doesn't make faces anymore and to her surprise has discovered she's a dark beer type of person (I think many people who are 'scared' of dark beers would be dark beer people in a blind taste test). She did scare me last weekend, however, when she tried some Schneider-Weisse I had bought and said it tasted like Tecate. Guess the Weihenstephaner clone I did this weekend is mine all mine....

A female relative of mine wanted to try my beer, but only wanted a sip becasue she was driving and had already had a Christmas drink. Anyway I had my Western provincial IPA in hand and offered her a sip. I did warn her that it was a "tad bit" hoppy...

Never seen a face that made the bitter beer face look lame before. :D Her eyes went super wide :eek: but with a some what polite expression on her face. Never seen anyone pass me back a glass so fast before! haha

To me it was one of the best beers I've ever had. Go figure. :rolleyes:

Speaking of, my WP IPA isn't really Pale, so can you still technically call it an India "Pale" Ale? It's a dark ruby red color.

And as soon as I convert this to AG I'm making 10 gal of it! Just trying to figure out the make up of Canadian United Dark LME. I think its got 120L crystal in a pale base, but not sure how much 120L.

billybrew said:
Love ya, Orelse, but ummm did you have a point when you started that thread? It's all good, though, I'd expect you to give me **** if I made a post like that. So here ya go.

LOL..well it IS the Drunken Rumblings and Mindless Mumbling section, and I was certainly both last night!!! Sue me!!!!! :drunk: :cross: :p

Denny's Brew said:
Speaking of, my WP IPA isn't really Pale, so can you still technically call it an India "Pale" Ale? It's a dark ruby red color.

I always wondered about that until someone told me, so I'll tell you. The style Pale Ale dates back to the time when most beer was a stout/porter, so at the time the amber color was pale. Now it's more of a misnomer, but then it was considered pale and they just haven't changed the name of the style to catch up.

India Pale Ale is called such because it was a Pale Ale made it England and transported to India during British colonial rule of India. It kept spoiling on the way, but brewers figured out that hops are a natural preservative, so they hopped the crap out of the beer and it made it there unspoiled.

American IPA, as by the BJCP, has a Standard Reference Method (SRM = color) of 6 to 15 SRM. English India Pale Ale is 8 - 14 SRM. that is, if you want to be picky :~)

The problem with mine is that she will try the beer (or wine) then after a few sips gets slaphappy and falls asleep... hmm.... then again... maybe thats not a problem.... yeah... what am I complaining about :)

Michael_Schaap said:
The problem with mine is that she will try the beer (or wine) then after a few sips gets slaphappy and falls asleep... hmm.... then again... maybe thats not a problem.... yeah... what am I complaining about :)
yea dude! shut up :D

i made mine try a hop rod rye the other night. she just about feel outta her chair w/ bitter beer face (again!).

My wife is pregnant. So the beer is (almost) all mine. :drunk:
She'll be able to have some of the dry stout, but that's about it for the next six months. After that I'll be brewing for three.:rolleyes:

Back