Local fire extinguisher place

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

borovy3488

Reaction score
I found a place locally that will sell me a full 5 pound co2 tank for $45. And they do refills for $5. Is that a good deal??

I've only called a few because they close before I get off work. This was the cheapest place so far. Airgas and similar places were MUCH more expensive.

day_trippr said:
That's an excellent deal! And you owe it to your fellow brewers to name the place! :D

Cheers!

It is Fyr-Fyter in Knoxville. They said that they are out of tanks for now, but should have some in next week. I'll definitely be grabbing one.

I pay $8 to refill my 5lb bottle. (Denver area)
If I remember correctly, I paid about $65 for a new bottle on e-bay.

I think you found a great deal

Was just quoted $19 for a 5 lb refill at a place near my house. Yours is a MUCH better deal.

Wow. I will definitely be stopping by here next week. The other prices listed here just seem crazy now, haha! Hopefully some Knoxville brewers will see this thread. I told all the guys I know.

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I have to update this one. I am just now getting all of the pieces together for the keezer build (I was in the process of moving, that held it up a bit), and I went by this place to pick up my 5lb tank today. $49 out the door, and $5 refills anytime. Its about a 10 minute drive from my work. Worked out perfectly! If anyone around Knoxville is looking for a good deal on co2, this is the place to go.

Back