Little help please.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smitty8202

Reaction score
Just looked at my cream ale I have had fermenting for 2 weeks now. In the grooves of the glass Carboy there appears to a white like substance in there. Not really sure what it is as I am very new to homebrewing. Has anyone experienced this?

You are most likely seeing yeast that has adhered to the sides of the carboy. Most of this yeast will begin dropping off after fermentation is complete.

Just looked at my cream ale I have had fermenting for 2 weeks now. In the grooves of the glass Carboy there appears to a white like substance in there. Not really sure what it is as I am very new to homebrewing. Has anyone experienced this?

Flars is right. The first time I saw this after using a bucket I had a slight concern too. But I figured it was yeast--those little buggers will adhere to anything. Don't worry about it, your beer will be lovely.

Back