Lions SUCK!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think its appropriate to revive this thread considering the hope that was built up with a 4-0 preseason record and subsequently letting Atlanta go up by three touchdowns in the first quarter alone.

Prediction: just one more losing season.

Preseason means nothing. As we can all see. Their success in the preseason only made me worry more.

First quarter really sucked. Offense was offensive. Defense was... offensive as well.

At least in the second quarter they seemed to gel a bit more. I think that if the defense had been able to contain Atlanta in the first period the Lions would have stuck to running more. As it was the really sucked at running and finally gave in and started tossing the ball. First game jitters?

Only good thing to be said about this is that... OH, wait, we're talking about the lIons, so there is no good thing to be said!

Fire Millen!

Let's hope the Ryan/Turner combo is REALLY, REALLY, REALLY good.

Like Montana/Rice good.

Otherwise, it's official. Lion's suck.

Preseason does mean very little. In he four year the Bills went to the Super Bowl they won one preseason game. I cant wait for less preseason games.

michiganmillen.jpg

firemillen_small.jpg

Fire Millen - Save The Lions: Sack Matt

Need I say more?

There are a few franchises around that no matter how much talent they have, no matter who is coach, they are consistently losers. In my lifetime, two of those franchises have been the Lions and the Cardinals. It goes up the organization to the GM and even all the way up to the owners.

:off: It really sucks to live in the Cardinal market... good games get trumped for crappy Cardinal vs SF games... need to get NFL ticket, someday... In the mean time I'll keep dreaming.

I think its appropriate to revive this thread considering the hope that was built up with a 4-0 preseason record and subsequently letting Atlanta go up by three touchdowns in the first quarter alone.

Prediction: just one more losing season.

There was no hope for this season on my part. I'd be amazed if they win 5 games. Looking at the schedule before the season started, I only saw 3 games that I thought they'd win, and 2 that I thought the *could* have won. Yesterday's game was a *could* have won game.

The offensive line is average at best, but they keep guys like Backus, Raiola and Foster around. They won't get any better until they upgrade those postitions.

The defense is horrible just like last year. They looked good in the preseason when 80% of the time is was our backups vs. someone else's backups. Unfortunatley for the Lions, their starters on defense aren't much better than their backups. Anytime you miss as many tackles as the Lions did yesterday and you give up over 200 yards to a RB with like 80 career carries you're in for a long season.

I predicted 3 wins for the Leos before the preseason, and I'm sticking to it. Once I've officially given up on them for the season I'll change my avatar - which should be in about 4 or 5 weeks... :D

At least with the early losses we can settle into another lost season, but when they go up 6-2 by midseason and then crash and burn in the second half it makes the season all the more unbearable.

That game was a travashamamockery.

Why don't we use a secondary?

I thought I saw a set of backs in the field, but when Turner broke the large gaping hole in the line, they seemed to disappear.

Its crazy.

What about now? What about Right Now?

I don't know Mr. Ford. How about you get a real QB in right now? How about you fire Millen right now? HOW ABOUT YOU GET US SOME DAMN CHEERLEADERS AND GET RID OF THE FRIGGIN' BATON TWIRLERS RIGHT NOW.

Sorry.

I haven't seen so many missed tackles since the Bobby Williams era at MSU.

As usual, low expectations for the season.

Well, they held Chicago to only 3 points in the first quarter--that's a marked improvement over the previous games (21 points :().

At this point, I honestly hope they go 0-16. That may be the impetus to fire everyone in upper management and finally hire someone willing to rebuild a winning team. Marinelli has the right idea, but he just can't seem to produce--he should be gone too.

There's always next year.

I agree Lions are suckin' but I'd say the players are not stepping up.

Williams & Johnson are not catching balls.

GO BEARS!!!!!

At this point, I find myself rooting against them. :mad: The worse it gets, the better chance they'll make real changes this offseason. Although thrilled about ditching Millen, I'm terrified they'll try to keep Marinelli and Millen's minions going into 2009.

There is nothing you can do to help them. They are perpetually awful.

Hurry-up offense that doesn't huddle, yet takes nearly the entire play clock to set and hike?? WTF??

Players dropping passes.

ugh... These weren't relaly even close losses either. They used to lose a fair number of games by a close margin. This might be the worst team I've seen yet. And that ain't an easy thing to accomplish.

As much as the Lions suck (I'm not sure that suck is a strong enough term anymore to describe how bad this team really is), it's unlikely that they'll go 0-16. They'll probably win at least 1 game.

Actually, they'll win however many they need to win to blow getting the #1 overall pick in the draft. It's the Lions, they screw everything up.

As much as the Lions suck (I'm not sure that suck is a strong enough term anymore to describe how bad this team really is), it's unlikely that they'll go 0-16. They'll probably win at least 1 game.

Actually, they'll win however many they need to win to blow getting the #1 overall pick in the draft. It's the Lions, they screw everything up.

The only thing worse than losing the #1 pick would be to watch them get the #1 pick and blow it on another QB or WR that doesn't do diddly cause the rest of the teams sucks so bad. Plus you know how Detroit RUINS QBs!

I'd like to say I'm done with the team, but you know I can't not watch them. I'm a loyalist. I'm just tired of all of the changes that don't do a dang thing. After all theses years you'd think they'd come up with something.

The lions not getting the #1 pick would actually be the best thing that could happen out of this season.

#1. The amount of $ that the #1 pick is guaranteed is a huge salary cap hit, effectively preventing the team from getting anything out of free agency other than 3rd string talent from other teams (which we already have).
#2. I don't think the draft class is all that great. There's really no "have to have" college players. There's a lot of average to slightly above average players (Chase Daniels, Lefevour, Javon Ringer) The best of the few elite players IMHO are that tackle from Alabama who is a monster, and Laurinitis (sp?)... Neither of which are #1 picks.

I've officially boycotted the Lions... But I'm a bigger fan of the college games on Saturday, anyways.

My $.02

Why does it not suprise me that there is an abundance of Lions fans on a homebrewing forum! We have to drown out our sorrows on sunday with tall frostys!

I'm usually not one to blame officiating, but that PI call on Bodden with 2:15 left was one of the worst calls I've ever seen. I watched it in slow motion about 5 times and I still can't see where he even touched him, let alone interfered with him.

Bad teams get bad calls, and that one cost the Lions what could have been their 1st win of the season.

The CJ 'fumble' wasn't much better.

Still on track for 0 - 16.

Maybe the Lions can beat the Pats for a record with a 0 and a 16 in the books.

I'll definitely make a shirt for that record.....

OH, I'm so pisssssssd.... It's hard enough for the Lions to win on an even playing field, but when the refs are playing against them, I just can't take it. Total WTF moment. I even got in trouble with the wife when they failed to overturn the fumble call.

Fired Matt Millen.... 5 years Overdue
Kitna goes to IR and he's healthy.... Adios ya bum
Trading Roy Williams to Dallas for 1st, 3rd and 5th round pick.... Priceless

Williams was going to be walking out the door after this season anyhow since this is the last year of his contract. Atleast they realized that the season is over and started looking towards the future. They're going to get 3 picks from the top 33 players, and that's not too shabby. So they have alot of draft picks, an owner who is willing to spend a boatload of cash and fans who are dying to support a winner. The vacant GM job got much sexier for potential candidates.

They're going to get 3 picks from the top 33 players, and that's not too shabby.

So now they can ruin 3 more picks career. I love the Lions, but they will suck until every stinking Ford is dead and buried. Plain and simple.

Ahoy hoy,
Since we have no teams here in Alaska, I always default to the teams from where I was born. That being Detroit Michigan, I have been lucky enough to see the Tigers win, the Pistons win, the Red Wings win, Michigan win, MSU win, my local high school win, the Lions.........aw crap. :mad:
Ive always heard from the old timers that the lions of the 50s were the bomb. I just hope that before I die, they at least make it to a superbowl.
Kay sara sara.......
I bid you all a great day!

It's getting beyond frustrating. After last year, I thought they might be close to gaining the playoffs. Alas, they stink more than ever again. Wayne Fontes, where are you??!!

Nope. The Lions haven't won in DC in like 30 years. This is probably the worst team they've had in those 30 years. I predict that the Redskins will destroy them.

If by some chance the Skins do lose this one, you should be very, very embarassed and pissed off.

Nope. The Lions haven't won in DC in like 30 years. This is probably the worst team they've had in those 30 years. I predict that the Redskins will destroy them.

If by some chance the Skins do lose this one, you should be very, very embarassed and pissed off.

Oh, fo sho. Even worse than losing to the Rams! But we play in Detroit, so...yeah. This team is nothing if not unpredictable

Oh ya, I forgot the game was in Detroit. Meh, it doesn't change my prediction any. Skins win 38-13.

Evan, you'll be happy to know that 3 more wins by the Skins and I have to sport a freaking Redskins avatar for a week.

Oh ya, I forgot the game was in Detroit. Meh, it doesn't change my prediction any. Skins win 38-13.

Evan, you'll be happy to know that 3 more wins by the Skins and I have to sport a freaking Redskins avatar for a week.

dayum! who'd you make that bet with? I think we can eek out 3 more. We do still have to play the bengals, and all three of our NFC east bredren at FedEx.

Back