Liitle Help Wisconsinites, and all others!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irishpride42

Reaction score
Any idea how I could go about getting some New Glarus spotted cow here to NC to have on hand. I cannot find any other beers even close in taste. Anyone know of any that may resemble it? I think my next batch I may have to try a cream ale.

Thanks!

I live in Madison, and I'm fairly certain that short of having someone ship you a case, you're probably out of luck. I know the don't distribute very far, certainly not to NC. Sorry I can't be of more help.

I tried in the general beer forum to no avail so I figured I would give it a shot here.

Any idea how I could go about getting some New Glarus spotted cow here to NC to have on hand. Anyone know of any that may resemble it? I think my next batch I may have to try a cream ale.

Thanks!

irishpride42 said:
Well who can I get to send me a case?

Beeradvocate has a whole swap section that's very active in their forum, I traded with a guy in Wisconsin some local beers for New Glarus stuff. You should have no problem getting Spotted Cow for some of your local beers. I believe you can even see how many swaps a person has done, so you can make sure you're not dealing with someone who's going to stiff you. My guy actually sent me EXTRA beers.

We have a button for "new posts" so most of us read all the posts that are new, no matter what forum they are in. There is no need to double or triple post.

I think you will find it difficult to find someone in an open forum like this to purchase a case of beer and ship it to you, since they don't know you. That's probably why you haven't received any offers.

Landhoney had a good suggestion, though. They might have more commercial beers swaps.

Or, maybe instead of posting "Who can I get to send me a case?", you could suggest a swap of your own. Like, "I can get a case of ____________ beer here that you might not be able to find in your area. I'd love to swap a case of that for a case of Spotted Cow". Just a thought.

YooperBrew said:
We have a button for "new posts" so most of us read all the posts that are new, no matter what forum they are in. There is no need to double or triple post.

I think you will find it difficult to find someone in an open forum like this to purchase a case of beer and ship it to you, since they don't know you. That's probably why you haven't received any offers.

Landhoney had a good suggestion, though. They might have more commercial beers swaps.

Or, maybe instead of posting "Who can I get to send me a case?", you could suggest a swap of your own. Like, "I can get a case of ____________ beer here that you might not be able to find in your area. I'd love to swap a case of that for a case of Spotted Cow". Just a thought.

That is what I was trying to find out, is what would be the easiest way, thanks very much!

Just an idea if anyone is interested I can send you some local brew from here in NC and once you recieve you can send me some NG SC seeing that many of you do not know me (being new to this particular board).......just a thought.

If anyone needs NG products I would be willing to trade for you local micros. New Galarus has several greats. There was a great article in jsonline.com about them last month. The Careys believe that their beer is a Wisconsin treat for Wisconsin people. I think they should share it with everyone.

New Glarus is not distributed out side of Wisconsin. That being said they call it a farm house ale. Try finding a Saison that will be the closest thing to it.

Personally I think that the total amount of flavor in that beer is about the same as MGD. Sure Spotted Cow has less hops and more fruitiness but total flavor is the same. Now most of their seasonals are great.

Back