Lifetime Original - A Deadly Adoption

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh... my wife was watching it, so I thought, let's see what this is all about.

Big nope.

I kept waiting for Will Ferrell or Kristin Wig to bust into some hilarious characters or deliver some good punchlines or something.

Nope, Lifetime B-Movie all the way. I just can't take either one of them seriously. Of course, I only saw about 20 mins of it, so it could have gotten really good... but I highly doubt that.

Ugh... my wife was watching it, so I thought, let's see what this is all about.

Big nope.

I kept waiting for Will Ferrell or Kristin Wig to bust into some hilarious characters or deliver some good punchlines or something.

Nope, Lifetime B-Movie all the way. I just can't take either one of them seriously. Of course, I only saw about 20 mins of it, so it could have gotten really good... but I highly doubt that.

I actually stopped watching just as the cheese was going over the top on this. I want to see the second half of it. Will Ferrell trying to play it straight, knowing that nobody can take him seriously, is pure genius. He delivered one line with such conviction that I nearly hit the floor laughing because it was so absurd. The line was "you know the dangers of diabetic keto acidosis!!"

I actually stopped watching just as the cheese was going over the top on this. I want to see the second half of it. Will Ferrell trying to play it straight, knowing that nobody can take him seriously, is pure genius. He delivered one line with such conviction that I nearly hit the floor laughing because it was so absurd. The line was "you know the dangers of diabetic keto acidosis!!"

Yep, saw that. That's about the time I bowed out.

I was thinking, please just add "I love scotch. Scotchy, scotchy Scotch."

Hadn't heard of this, but that trailer makes it look like it could be a hilarious spoofy movie.

Maybe I'm glad I didn't watch?!?

Yep, saw that. That's about the time I bowed out.

I was thinking, please just add "I love scotch. Scotchy, scotchy Scotch."

But you didn't find his delivery of that line hilarious? I thought it was great. My wife said it went way over the top just as I went to bed. I was so angry at myself for not sticking it out. If nothing else, this is the villain:

jessica-lowndes-bikini-body-10.png

It makes sense considering both of the leads often do kitschy things, but dang. That looks bad.

Back