Life's simple pleasures (besides homebrewing)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FuzzyIguana

Ohio Homebrewers
Reaction score
Ok gals and guys...

Name one of your favorite simple pleasures in life, besides homebrewing.

I'll go first...the heated blanket to pre-warm my bed!

I can't wait until SPRING SPAWN! Yes I pull the fat girl bass off the beds!
IMG_20170824_181044-02.jpeg

Wow, this is an awesome list already! +1 for each of the fishing, camping, exploring, anything outdoors.

Imma gonna add "puttering in the garden, while hwmo is puttering in the barn on his stuff, knowing there's some cold HB waiting for us inside"
Yeap that's about everything. Oh, almost forgot! Also playing with my pet geese...
IMG_20171024_145618.jpg

Drinking the homebrew, obviously! Oh and making something that only I could consider music on the guitar.

Ok, now that is pretty awesome. How many do you have? I was always told geese are mean. Always wondered how such a beautiful creature could be so...

Currently I've got these two. But they've started laying eggs so fingers crossed I'm gonna have some more... I've hatched the grey one in my egg incubator and she sees me as her mother from day one! I bought the white one and domesticated after a while. They are indeed beautiful creatures and I have to say that they intelligent and not at all mean! At least with me... ;)

Currently I've got these two. But they've started laying eggs so fingers crossed I'm gonna have some more... I've hatched the grey one in my egg incubator and she sees me as her mother from day one! I bought the white one and domesticated after a while. They are indeed beautiful creatures and I have to say that they intelligent and not at all mean! At least with me... ;)
You really are "mom" to her! That's one of the coolest things I've heard in a while.

Live music, gardening, cooking, woodworking, swimming/paddle boarding, traveling, playing guitar, spending time with family and friends! Add homebrewing and I now get why I never have any down time, haha.

I may or may not have obtained some petrified wood while on a trip at an undisclosed location.
I picked up 25 pounds more or less so far this year. Perfectly legal where I am, and if you know where to look not at all hard to find. The stuff I'm collecting right now is to give a good friend whose Parkinson's has destroyed his ability to work, now he just runs a rock tumbler and gives the finished product away. Financially he's in good shape, but he needs something to keep him occupied.

I picked up 25 pounds more or less so far this year. Perfectly legal where I am, and if you know where to look not at all hard to find. The stuff I'm collecting right now is to give a good friend whose Parkinson's has destroyed his ability to work, now he just runs a rock tumbler and gives the finished product away. Financially he's in good shape, but he needs something to keep him occupied.
Very cool that you give that to him. I was looking at vibrating tumblers after I read your comment about rockhounding. Another cool hobby that you really feel satisfaction from [emoji622]

A bit of fishing (a pretty new hobby for me), a bit of camping, a bit of poor guitar playing, a bit of video gaming.... a little bit o' this, and a little bit o' that.

I’d have to say gardening is one of my favourite simple pleasures. Last year I grew flowers for the first time; they were so pretty and I loved cutting them and making beautiful bouquets every few days. So simple, but so satisfying :)

Family dinners. I’ve just recently come to realize that the family bonding time of sitting and eating together with my wife and teenage boys will come to an end in a few years when boys move out. I love that time of sharing funny stories, raving about good food, hearing about the world the way the kids see it. I’ve got to appreciate this simple pleasure while I’ve got it.

Latest posts

Back