Let me get this straight....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DWavs

Reaction score
If I want to store carbonated bottles at room temp and do the following, I will not need to worry about pasteurizing or bottle bombs:

1. Let the cider or apfelwein completely ferment to 1.000 or lower getting the same reading over 3 day periods.

2. Backsweeten with Xylitol since it will not start the fermentation again.

3. Rack and prime with the correct amount of fermentables.

4. Bottle and let carbonate.

Am I correct that I can store this at room temp and not worry about any bottle bombs? If I am incorrect, I can pasteurize but wasn't sure if it was needed with the steps I have described.

Thanks!
David

And then have gastrointestinal difficulties after every bottle :p Or so I've heard from Xylitol, hehe, but yes you've got it.

And then have gastrointestinal difficulties after every bottle :p Or so I've heard from Xylitol, hehe, but yes you've got it.

Naaaa.....2 tablespoons per gallon of cider is not gonna cause that. Maybe a teaspoon in a cup of coffee but that is a totally different story!!

Back