Left to right hand thread converter?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottSA

Reaction score
I got a gauge and regulator to add on to my current regulator (which has a plug in the HP side) and i found out they are right hand thread and my current regulator. So basically i need a short section of brass tube that has right hand threading on one side and left hand threading on the other. Does anyone know where I can find something like this?

not sure what's better, making a dupe post or reviving an old one...

I'm looking for the same thing.. I'm adding a chudnow "add a body" from kegconnection to a taprite, i can unscrew the gauge on the left, put the chudnow body there, but the guage doesnt screw back into the other side because I guess it is right thread..

do they have these at big box stores? if not, can you point out the part number at mcmaster? grassy-ass....

I need to get one myself. Chi Company and Midwest carry them.

I just had the same problem happen to me with a kegconnection add a body. A little frustrated that they market this as a lefthand add a body when the high pressure guage can't screw back in. I might have to just buy a new righthand high pressure guage. Let me know if you found out another solution or if you got any help from kegconnection.

Following up on my earlier e-mail, Kegconnection is fixing the problem (which should result in some clarifying changes to their website). Kudos to them for owning the problem.

Thanks a ton! Just ordered the left to right hand nipple from chi com ...

I've got a bank of three older taprite secondary regulators I'm adding to a newer two body regulator setup for my keezer...

Thought I was SOL when I realized older were right hand thread and newer were left hand.

Once again homebrewtalk saves the day...

Back