Left Hand Stranger APA hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iambeer

Reaction score
In my secondary is an SNAPA replicate recipe... I want to have a variety of APA with each a distinct profile, so having tasted my first Left Hand Stranger, I decided to go for this... but I don't see a 'standardized' clone recipe accepted by the critics etc.

On Left Hand Brewing Co's website, it says the hops used for Stranger APA are:
"Centennial, Willamette and Cascade"

I'm wondering if you have insight on the order of these things. They are not in alphabetical order so they must be in sequential order. I'm guessing centennial at 60 minutes, Will at 20 and Cascade at 5 minutes. Does that sound right to you? I've never used Centennial.. is this a good enbittering hop? In terms of 5 gallon batch, I was thinking 1 ounce per round. If you answer this post could you also point out if you have tasted and remember this beer? Just for perspective. IBU is 36/ABV 5%. Thanks in advance.

Edit: it is interesting to compare this beer with the more popular Sawtooth since the latter is session yet has more obvious, stronger hops. Stranger makes you seek out the balance in a more subtle environment.

Back