Lebanon, IN

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Selfsufficient

Reaction score
Just wanted to shout out to all the brewers out there. I brewed my first batch about a week and a half ago. Its in the secondary and looks purty. Can't wait to keg it and drink it. Just finished the keg/refrigerator and am pressure testing it now. For those of you that live in Marion County or buy alcohol there, I'm sure you heard about the rise in alcohol tax. Not only am I psyched about making my own beer and the quality of it, but also at snubbing my nose at the capital improvement board. My plan is to grow at least some of what I brew so this should be an extremely fun and practical hobby for me. Thanks in advance for all the submissions that have helped my decisions along the way and help in getting started.

Welcome hometown brewer! Nice to see someone from nearby!

Welcome! The CIB is increasing the alcohol tax??? I must have missed that, damnit!

Never a better time to start brewing your own.

From Champaign, IL and looking for a teaching job anywhere from Indy to Crawfordsville to Champaign.

Way to stick it to the man!

Ok, folks. I am hooked for good now. I'm drinking green beer fully carbonated that tastes better now, than everything I have ever bought from the store. I poured it side by side with B*******r and it looked the same. That is the craziest s**t I've ever seen. I did the secondary and was really careful evidently. Little on the hoppy side but I read its because its green. I made it, no dirty sock taste, no green apple taste.........just beer. I'm so friggin proud I can't stand it. I know, i'm still a newbie. My tobacco is doing awesome. Bout 1/2 inch long and can't wait to transplant into smaller transplantable containers. I love the fact that an average joe can learn to do what our forefathers did for years. I'm still not 100% confident but from what I've done so far, it's an awesome feeling. I wonder if anyone else has had those feelings?

When I wake up and see my taps on the fridge... my hop bines out my back window and my coffee roaster on the countertop, I feel that way too :rockin:

Congrats on making beer!

Back