Large DIY Vent Hood

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

callagp7552

Reaction score
A couple friends and myself get together to brew and the past 2 winters I've been worried we were going to rot out my garage from the inside with all the moisture created from brewing 2-3 batches at once. I looked around a bit but couldn't find any reasonably priced vent hoods so we decided to build one. It went up fairly quickly so I don't have a lot of pics and didn't document along the way but if anyone is interested you can check them out here

We brewed this past Sunday and while I didn't think to snap any pictures the hood worked great. Possible too well as we could feel it start to suck all the heat out shortly after we turned it on. We ended cycling it through the session. Once the window would fog up a bit we'd kick it on and within a few minutes it would be clear again. Then once we got too cold we'd turn it off :).

I believe tim the tool man taylor installed a vent fan once. I think that is what you need.

Here you go, not the one I was looking for but it is a vent hood, apparently homebrewtalk wont let me link to specific time, its a 4:22 in that video

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm, been wanting to do something for my brewery/man room downstairs to vent steam as well as cigar smoke. Hadn't even considered an attic fan...

Latest posts

Back