Lambic fermenter question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmiller8

Reaction score
Looking to do 2.5 gallon batches of lambic in the winter when I can't brew outside anymore. Ideally I'd like to have a fermenter with a spigot as I plan on sampling and will eventually blend these lambics for a gueuze.

Anyone use either the brew demon 3 gallon mini conical or the PET Plastic Fermenter w/spigot - 3 gallon? I know it's probably a bit overkill as a standard 3 gallon glass carboy would work, but I'm lazy.

I use a couple of ten litre plastic FVs,but without spigot.
The two I have in at the moment will soon be blended at a ratio of 4-3 and then topped off.
They are just under 8 months young.

It's my understanding that you do not want to sample your beer from the spigot for a multitude of reasons. You can get a wine thief for pretty cheap. That's what I use for gravity readings and sampling.

Glass is also better for long-term storage because it allows less oxygen to come in contact with your beer.

Ok I was concerned about how permeable they'd be. Thanks for the insight, glass it is

Latest posts

Back