Lambic dilemma

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewddah

Reaction score
Earlier this year, my apartment complex got bought by a new company, and now I've been informed by these jerks that I have to leave the property in a month because they want to renovate.

Problem is, I have a lambic that I'm not sure is quite ready to bottle. It hasn't really soured as much as I had hoped. I wanted to oak it before bottling, at least.

It's in a carboy right now. I was thinking of doing one of two things. A) put it in a keg, purge out all the oxygen, and move it that way, or B) add oak now and bottle just before I move.

The third option is to just not worry about it, move the carboy and hope for the best. I'd either do that, or option A above.

I moved 5-6 various sized vessels twice over the course of 5 months, and everything turned out just fine.

That being said, if you have the spare key to dedicate to the lambic, I would definitely do that.

Edit: word.

I think I'll keg it. Just the thought of having the carboy in the car, hitting a bump or having slam on the brakes, and it shattering...

Back