Lambic Aging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ntaylor0

Reaction score
Ok. So I brewed a Framboise lambic. Part kit (just the extract) and added some honey, weak hops, and candi sugar. I also used my own choice of yeast instead of what came with kit. The FG got down to 1.002. So...I went ahead and primed and bottled.

Now I'm not worried about bottle bombs because I know the FG is probably too low for that, but I am concerned I may have screwed up the aging process. Everything I read says you should leave in primary for months on a lambic! My primary was a whole 10 days.

So...did I screw up royally or can I just age the beer in the bottles?

You're fine then. Lambics require a long fermentation because the micro-flora that does the magic in them work very slowly and go through many changes (the balances of different bugs changes over time). What you brewed is not a lambic since you're using conventional yeast. The good point is that you won't have to worry about super-attenuation or prolonged fermentation.

Ok. Thanks everyone. Hopefully the carbonation will improve the as of yet boring watery tasting beer then. Some aging might as well I hope.

Latest posts

Back