Lagering in Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cgrivois

Reaction score
Fermented at 55deg with whitelabs America lager yeast. I plan on bringing temp up to 70 deg for a few days before I drop down to lagering temps. I plan to transfer from my primary to a keg then drop the temp down low. Should I rack off of the yeast cake to the keg, or bring it all over while it Lagers?

Fermented at 55deg with whitelabs America lager yeast. I plan on bringing temp up to 70 deg for a few days before I drop down to lagering temps. I plan to transfer from my primary to a keg then drop the temp down low. Should I rack off of the yeast cake to the keg, or bring it all over while it Lagers?

Rack off of the trub.

Thanks. By the way Im looking at the primer water calc thread, has there been any major changes from page 1 through the end of the thread? There is a lot to read there. As of now I'm sticking with 1tsp of calcium chloride to 5 gallons of RO water for lawnmower type beers.

Back