Lack of blowoff during fermentation mean anything

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olotti

Reaction score
Prob not but Ive oy been doing this ag a year so figured I'd ask. Remade my RIS on Sunday. Expected of of 1.108 in 5.5 gal turned into a 1.100 in 6gal to fermenter, boiled for almost 2 hrs but I think I need to change my beesmith settings. Anyway fine still a nice big beer. Pitched a stepped starter of wlp007 and she's bubbling 4 hrs after pitching, fermometer reads 66 deg and I'm putting wetted tshirts on the carboy to help keep it cool and I ferment in my ac'd basement which is at about 66 ambient. So last two times I made this beer once with 007 the other with 002 both had blowoff running through the tube. First time fermented a little warm about 70-72 with the 007 and lost over 1/2 a gal and last batch with 002 fermented around 68 still lost about .25 gal so I was expecting some krausen or blowoff with this. So go to work, I work 24hr shifts come home Monday morning and ferm reads 70 deg and the dark krasusen made it all the way to the bottom of the blowoff tube but there was zero blowoff in my container, it was still bubbling away but the krausen from what I can see throught the glass has since subsided but hasn't started to flocc yet. Sorry long question but any reason why this one wouldn't have blowoff even though the others did and they're all pretty similar minus the one time I used 002. Gonna wait another day or two till bubbling really slows then move it upstairs where it's 72 so the yeast can finish off and at 1 month take my first fg reading.

Yeast are a living organism...every batch will be different. As long as you pitched enough yeast I wouldn't worry about the blowoff

Back