KY Brewer chiming in

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeff

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been a member here for a while but haven't formally introduced myself. My name is Jeff Yeast (ironic isn't it) and I'm from Lexington, KY. I've been brewing for about 4 years. My first 5 or 6 batches were extract kits and the rest, about 30, have been all-grain. My setup is pretty simple: A 48qt mash/lauter tun with cpvc manifold and valve. I have been using a turkey fryer, but am in the process of converting a sanke keg to allow 10gal batches. I just entered 4 beers in the KY State Fair, my first homebrew competition, and somehow I managed 1st place with an oatmeal stout, and I'm really encouraged about continuing to brew and compete. I'm wanting to start lagering soon, just need to find an extra fridge or freezer. So that's me in a nutshell. I've taken lots of good advice from this board and I look forward to participating and getting to know you fine folks a little better:mug:

P.S. I have my first pumpkin ale in primary right now!

Hey Jeff!

Just over in Louisville here, looking forward to the weather this weekend!

Impressive about the fair, makes me wish I had gone!

I have just made the switch to AG myself.

Back