Kveik yeast-haze

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greywolf

Reaction score
Is it always hazy? All the pics I've seen are very hazy. Seems like no one wants to mention it. I want brew something that doesn't look like a NEIPA.

Is it always hazy? All the pics I've seen are very hazy. Seems like no one wants to mention it. I want brew something that doesn't look like a NEIPA.
I think a lot of people are just brewing NEIPAs with it right now because of how big the ester profile is when fermented hot. I used Hornindal in west coast ipas and it dropped completely clear without any additional post kettle finings in 14 days. Had a touch of chill haze for about 1 week in the keg. But minimal

Thank you. That makes sense. Hadn't considered they were making NEIPA's.

My kveik (Voss, Horninal, Midtbust) beers have all been very hazy, and I have never made a neipa.

I think a lot of people are just brewing NEIPAs with it right now because of how big the ester profile is when fermented hot. I used Hornindal in west coast ipas and it dropped completely clear without any additional post kettle finings in 14 days. Had a touch of chill haze for about 1 week in the keg. But minimal

My NEIPA I did with Hornindal ended up really clear. No whirlfloc or finings added to the keg. I used the "Bird Law NEIPA" recipe from Reddit.

https://share.brewfather.app/xoda7eb07zTgWt

My NEIPA I did with Hornindal ended up really clear. No whirlfloc or finings added to the keg. I used the "Bird Law NEIPA" recipe from Reddit.

https://share.brewfather.app/xoda7eb07zTgWt

I haven’t had NEIPAS drop “clear” but they definitely aren’t as hazy as if I used LAIII or A24

Another thing I will mention is that I’ve noticed if I don’t use whirlfloc my NEIPAS become clearer than if I do use it. I’ve looked into it and looks like by leaving large chain proteins in the wort prior to fermentation causes more polyphenols and other proteins to bind together and they become molecularly heavier, causing them to drop out of suspension.

Latest posts

Back