Kreezer may have died

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtp137

Reaction score
I wanted to start brewing again first time in about a year. I plugged my kreezer back in and noticed it will not get cold. The compressor gets warm so I assume its running does any one have any ideas?

Sounds like you may have yourself a leak in the system and your low on R134A if it's running and not getting cold. However first thing you should do is clean your condenser coils and make sure the fan is turning on (if it uses a fan) as that could be your problem as well.

No, they're embedded within the cabinet walls, with the evaporator coils (cold side) up against the inside liner and the condensor coils (hot side) up against the exterior skin, actually using it as a radiator...

Cheers!

My ferment/keezer took a dump today as well. 3 would be nice actually. Now she only gets down to 43. Had been fine, but last night we had a power outage with the storms. Now she ain’t want’n to go any lower. I’m sure Craigslist will be loaded with people needing to sell unused equipment unfortunately. I have an 8cft one, but that isn’t large enough. I need a 22cft one. It stinks I know, I bet you have a leak.

Back