Kräusen in airlock

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jitteringjr

Reaction score
I overfilled the primary and now I have Kräusen in the airlock. I have been filling it to this level lately with no problems, but the high Kräusen in this brew is a little bit meatier.

I am thinking about waiting until the Kräusen tames down and then putting another airlock on it. I don't really have the right sized tubing for a blow off tube. Anyhow I have never had this problem before. What have other people done in this situation and what would you do?

You must have a LHBS in your area. I'd say to spend the $4.00 on the 3 feet of hose at your LHBS today and get a Blow Off tube.

I found a tygon hose that fit. It was getting pretty bad so I now have a blow off tube in it ran to a container of sanitizer.

At the local hardware store, in the pull out trays, they sell male to male barbed connectors made of nylon. The right size works with all my vinyl hoses for siphoning and the like. Less than $1. It fits right in the stopper where the airlock goes. The small bore hasn't caused me trouble yet.

Back