Kool Aid Pickles, a summer treat!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robtotten

Reaction score
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/09/dining/09kool.html

09kool600.1.jpg

I make a bunch of these every summer. We have a batch of grape in the fridge, and on deck are tropical punch and cherry.

Another guy on here, I believe BernieBrewer, has a thread around here about making them and how delicious they are.

*edit*
It was Big Kahuna.
"Coming here from the pickled Egg Discussion...I can't help but post about what my 3 year old son calls KooPickels.
We get a jar of whole dill pickles...Slice each one of them in half, add 1 package of KoolAide (No sugar) and then add sugar, about 1/4 cup to the jar. Replace sliced pickles and set in back of fridge for a week or more.
NOBODY has ever disliked these (Except for SWMBO), and the kids will actually clean their room for one.
I like Black Cherry best, but we've tried all of the flavors. Lime was the worst."

Kool aid is not something we get over here, but my wife dies wool sometimes and ebayed a load of it. So I couldn't resist and just put on some black cherry ones of these. At the least the three year old will like them.

I got some pickles, some Kool-Aid and so far the kids haven't jumped at the chance to make them. I think they are a little unsure themselves. They don't' like sweet pickles much either, so I don't' think they have high hopes.

Yeah kool aid on ebay. We can't get it in stores here, which all things considered actually suggests to this atheist that there maybe a god out there....

In any case, I tried this and it's so disgusting that no one in the house, the three year old included, was able to stomach these vile things, luckily I only wasted a jar of pickles.

Latest posts

Back